[DnT] Chronomancer.

6 replies
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Co-Leader
Raid: DPS/Utility
Armor: Ascended Berserker. w/ Leadership Runes + Precise Infusions.
5bOHBL2.jpg tYW7oqp.jpg
Weapons:
  • Main-hand: Ascended Berserker Sword w/ Concentration Sigil + Precise Infusions.
  • Off-hand(s): Ascended Berseker Shield / Sword / Focus w/ Force Sigil + Precise Infusions.
    yVCE0BY.jpg MujcSrp.jpg
Trinkets: Exotic Commander Amulet w/ Platinum Doubloon + Ascended Berserker Rings + Ascended Assassin Accessories. w/ Precise Infusions.
CQpQkwM.jpg
Utility: Bountiful Maintenance Oil.
JRgwLbE.jpg
Food: Fried Golden Dumpling.
Zj7P8VN.jpg

Raid: Chronotank
Armor: Ascended Commander. zw/ Herald Runes.
h0InVhs.jpg PkbxI87.jpg
Weapons:
  • Main-hand: Ascended Berserker Sword w/ Concentration Sigil + Precise Infusions.
  • Off-hand(s): Ascended Berseker Shield / Sword / Focus w/ Force Sigil + Precise Infusions.
    yVCE0BY.jpg MujcSrp.jpg
Trinkets: Exotic Commander Amulet w/ Platinum Doubloon + Ascended Berserker Rings + Ascended Assassin Accessories. w/ Precise Infusions.
CQpQkwM.jpg
Utility: Bountiful Maintenance Oil.
JRgwLbE.jpg
Food: Fried Golden Dumpling.
Zj7P8VN.jpg

Posted May 26, 16 · OP · Last edited Nov 24, 16
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Co-Leader
Skills:
Heal: Well of Eternity.
Utility #1: Well of Action.
Utility #2: Well of Recall. (Replace with Mimic if using Illusions)
Utility #3: Signet of Inspiration.
Elite: Gravity Well.
lXDGlPu.png
Traits:
*Main Spec to run as much as possible.(If you need extra reflects swap out Persisting Images for Medic's Feedback in the Inspiration trait-line.)
Ti1PEOE.jpg
*Swap Domination to Illusions for better DPS (Be sure you replace Well of Recall with Mimic when running this build as stated above.
58UldML.jpg
Rotations:
Phantasmal Swordsman or Warden (Sword or Focus offhands)
Illusionary Leap (Do not use Swap)
*Weapon Swap*
Echo of Memory
Time Warp
*Continuum Split (Use mid-cast of Time Warp*
Tides of Time
Well of Action
Well of Eternity
Well of Recall
Signet of Inspiration
*Continuum Split Ends*
Deja Vu (If it is up)
Tides of time
*Weapon Swap*
Well of Action
Well of Eternity
Well of Recall
Signet of Inspiration
Phantasmal Swordsman or Warden
-Auto Attack until Utilities come off cooldown-
*Weapon Swap*
Tides of Time
Well of Action
Well of Eternity
Well of Recall
Signet of Inspiration
Echo of Memory + Deja Vu
*Weapon Swap*
Repeat.

Posted May 26, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 28, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
Untagged users
At long last, the return of text guides to DnT forums. Thanks, Narc.

Doesn't boon duration food (30%) with concentration sigil (33%) and facet (50%) overcap duration (30+33+50 = 113 > 100)? If so, is the additional 13% especially useful or is there just not really a lot of alternative options?

Commanders weapon + armor gives 1325 toughness to my understanding (http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAse8MWeOK0J4DeszCIASs6/MRXUA-ThA/QAQ1fA6HAA-e). I've been laboring under the assumption getting over 1400 in all circumstances is useful in case your PS warrior starts ressing someone and (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Determined_Revival) goes off, which could cause aggro issues. It wasn't my understanding that the loss in dps from carrying a bit of additional toughness was that significant (a captain's or cavalier ring perhaps) or that it was worth losing the additional safety this offered. You do recommend carrying additional toughness trinkets in case but I considered 1400 valuable enough to be recommended as default. Thoughts?
Posted May 26, 16
Votes:
+6
Co-Leader

Doesn't boon duration food (30%) with concentration sigil (33%) and facet (50%) overcap duration (30+33+50 = 113 > 100)? If so, is the additional 13% especially useful or is there just not really a lot of alternative options?

Commanders weapon + armor gives 1325 toughness to my understanding (http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAse8MWeOK0J4DeszCIASs6/MRXUA-ThA/QAQ1fA6HAA-e). I've been laboring under the assumption getting over 1400 in all circumstances is useful in case your PS warrior starts ressing someone and (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Determined_Revival) goes off, which could cause aggro issues. It wasn't my understanding that the loss in dps from carrying a bit of additional toughness was that significant (a captain's or cavalier ring perhaps) or that it was worth losing the additional safety this offered. You do recommend carrying additional toughness trinkets in case but I considered 1400 valuable enough to be recommended as default. Thoughts?

Overcapping boon duration isn't that big of a deal because the only sources you can adjust are from your consumables. Dropping 20% from your food isn't really an option, and the other 10% is from Bountiful Sharpening Stones, and quite frankly there's nothing cost effective you can replace those with. The only other alternative would be the theses/writs of strength for the extra 100-200 power (depending on which thesis you buy or craft) but they are very expensive and not something you should bother with for weekly farm clears.

The Determined Revival thing is super troll and yes, it can ruin a pull on VG, or Gorseval as well if you are taking updrafts. If you can easily obtain the additional trinkets, carry them just to be prepared. The DPS loss is minimal, so don't feel bad if you need to use them, but don't default to them. If you have constant downs and people are constantly rezzing and it causes problems, use them. Hopefully you only ever run into this when living the puglyfe.
Posted May 27, 16 · Last edited May 27, 16
Votes:
Untagged users
Thanks Zel!

It seems like sitting at 30+33+50% boon duration suggests using 20% duration on gear in addition to 30% consumable and 10% facet because (1) 20% duration isn't really all that much, for example could be 5x berserker trinkets with platinum doubloons and (2) this loosens up the requirements on rotational swapping which could help with utility options like pulls and reflects. This may contribute to higher raid quickness uptime under some circumstances in which raid members are moving in and out of boon range and the later applications of quickness are being applied to raid members with relatively lower quickness. I've seen Narc demonstrate that concentration sigil gives higher personal dps, but it wasn't by much and it seems like it wouldn't take much additional quickness uptime (if quickness isn't already overcapped) to offset this personal lost.
Posted May 27, 16
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Co-Leader

Alternatively you can run Superior Sharpening Stones which equals out to the same amount of power (Higher if you're wearing toughness gear) it's much cheaper than the Thesis/Writs.
Yes. carry additional toughness trinkets. I recommend Commander's but any will do, having extra Commander's allows you to also use them for when you do not have a Rev and need to get 100% BD personally without much hit to DPS that other trinkets can help with.
Thanks Zel!

It seems like sitting at 30+33+50% boon duration suggests using 20% duration on gear in addition to 30% consumable and 10% facet because (1) 20% duration isn't really all that much, for example could be 5x berserker trinkets with platinum doubloons and (2) this loosens up the requirements on rotational swapping which could help with utility options like pulls and reflects. This may contribute to higher raid quickness uptime under some circumstances in which raid members are moving in and out of boon range and the later applications of quickness are being applied to raid members with relatively lower quickness. I've seen Narc demonstrate that concentration sigil gives higher personal dps, but it wasn't by much and it seems like it wouldn't take much additional quickness uptime (if quickness isn't already overcapped) to offset this personal lost.
I'm kinda of confused to what you are aiming for here? But in terms of "easier to maintain 100% BD" then using exotic berserker trinkets w/ plat dubloons and ditching the Concentration sigil in favor of Air is a route you can take. The DPS difference is only 6.65% less than using Concentration + Ascended Berserker trinkets
Posted May 27, 16 · OP · Last edited May 27, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+22
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Co-Leader
Updated to reflect the Oct 18th patch.

*Rotation are not up to date yet, will get to it soon.
Posted Oct 28, 16 · OP · Last edited Oct 28, 16
NoticeNotices